Turns out, I was right. My mom, Nola, and I arrived to the airport and I still didn't know where we were going. When my mom asked me to hold our flight itinerary, I asked if I could look at it. Guess what I found???
I was really excited- but at the same time, I felt a little bit like I didn't want to leave Paris, either. I thought that it would make the year... incomplete. I envisioned it like a doughnut hole, the doughnut almost full, but with a gap. The doughnut part was the six months so far of being in Paris, and the six months coming up, and the hole was the two weeks we were going to be home.
I was still overjoyed, though. The airplane ride took a whooping eleven hours, and if you didn't see my very first post, I wrote it at the airport, and I said that plane food tastes like dead skunk with lizard-flavored gravy. Oh, I was so right.
The next morning, we were at my grandma and grandpa's house, where we were staying.
The next two weeks were filled with family and friends. There was my uncle's birthday party, I hung out with my neighbors, my two twin cousins were born, my grandpa had his birthday, I went to my friend's house, and much, much, more, but best of all, I got to go to my house to visit my wonderful kitty-cat, who's staying with our house-sitters.
There were a lot of highlights from our visit, but one of my favorite days was when some of my best friends came over and we ate Chinese food and drank root beer. Actually, there was poison in the Chinese food, so our faces got all mutated and everything.
Our trip was great- but I missed Paris. Returning for a visit to Walnut Creek didn't cause a doughnut hole. It caused a smile.
I'm glad I didn't come to that party. Just look at the picture! They look crazy! The one with the polka-dotted jacket looks ok though...
ReplyDeleteHi, it's Guinevere from NMG. I love your blog! :) It sounds like you're having a really fun time in France.
ReplyDelete