The instructors put us in a black super unstretchable long sleeve shirt, and then a vest with target in the middle, with a sensor that went off beeping and lighting up when it got hit. Last, but not least, the helmets. They smelled like sweat.
| Me and Nola All Geared Up |
Then, the instructors split us into two teams according to the color of our vests, green and red. On the red team, there were two boys about my age, and you could obviously tell they'd fenced before. I was a little shy at first, because both boys would always go for me, and I'd be the first person out, but then I just went for it.
We had to all go against one another, not just against the red team, and I was the last one standing. It was so cool! One of the instructors asked my name after I'd won, and after I told him he raised my hand up in the air and said, "Raelyn!"
That sounds SUPER cool! You must have been really proud of yourself after you were the last person standing! I'm really glad you went for it!
ReplyDelete